[linux-dvb] [SOLVED] TT-3200 (DVB-S/S2) bad reception/no lock issue

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Sat Apr 19 19:50:55 CEST 2008

On 04/11/2008 10:26:31 PM, manu wrote:
> On 04/10/2008 06:30:17 PM, manu wrote:
> > 	Hi all,
> > I already reported on that sooner, but now I have a log (with
> stb0899
> > verbose=5) so I hope it makes it a bit easier to debug.
> > Still the same behaviour: one transponder (freq=11093 MHz) is
> ALWAYS
>
> > perfect (fast lock perfect picture even with bad weather) and for 3
> > other transponders (11555 MHz as in the log, 11635 Mhz and 11675
> MHz)
> > the lock is much less frequent and if it locks the picture is much
> > worse even in not so cloudy weather. It is as if the card was much
> > more
> > picky with the other 3 transponders. Is it normal to have such
> > discrepancies on the same sat?
> > Sometimes just locking on the "good" transponder and then switching
> > back to a bad one gives good results: good lock and better SNR and
> > picture (seen in mythtv).
> > Anyway here is the log, I hope this is of some help.

Finally someone gave me the good idea (thanks Dominik): I added 4MHz to
the tuning frequency and now, AFAICT every transponder works great. I
must also say that I have patched my multiproto tree with Dominik's
patch, but I am not sure that it changes results by so much.
Anyway, things now look much better!
Bye
Manu