[linux-dvb] HVR1200 / HVR1700 / TDA10048 support

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 07:10:04 CEST 2008

Hi Trevor

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Trevor Boon <trevor_boon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Leadtek DTV1000s, which uses the tda10048,
> and after compiling the latest build of v4l-dvb which
> include the tda10048 support, the driver crashes upon
> boot.
>
> I know the DTV100s is not yet officially supported,
> however now that the nxp18271 and the tda10048 drivers
> have been implemented, I thought I'd give it a go.
>
> Using Kernel 2.6.25 on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04
>
> I've already tried blacklisting the saa7134-alsa from
> a previous driver crash. (I believe that has been
> fixed however?)
>
> As the dmesg output shows, I specified card=21 as this
> worked for composite input previously. I've tried
> other card numbers as well with the same result. No
> card number just returns 0=autodetected (as expected)
> but it doesn't try to load the tda10048 module and
> therefore doesn't crash.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to try and help
> troubleshoot this issue/ expediate official dtv1000s
> support?

Leadtek card Winfast DTV1000S is currently not added in the DVB code.
I am attempting to add support for the card using the TDA10048 driver
committed by Steven. Since there is no other information available about
the DTV1000S card (other than it uses SAA7130, TDA18271 and TDA10048)
it's going to be a bit tricky getting all the bits together.

I could not find any documentation/details on adding support for new PCI
cards.
So going through various drivers to figure out the details. Can any one
point out
to a reference driver or any documentation which can be used to support a
new
PCI card?

Thanks.

Amitay.