[linux-dvb] HVR1200 / HVR1700 / TDA10048 support

hermann pitton hermann-pitton at arcor.de
Mon Apr 21 15:19:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Montag, den 21.04.2008, 18:42 +1000 schrieb Amitay Isaacs:
> Hi Trevor,
>
> I have the skeleton driver code ready. The driver calls
> tda10048_attach() and I am
> getting tda10048_readreg error (ret == -5). I need to find the
> demodulator I2C address
> for TDA10048 on DTV1000S board.
>
> Is there any way to find out the demod_address?
>
> Amitay.

tuner as in the logs 0xc0/0x60 and digital demod 0x10 >> 1 or 0x08.
You can try to verify it with the saa7134 i2c_scan=1 option.

It seems not to have an analog demodulator, so you would use tuner type
4, TUNER_ABSENT for the entry in saa7134-cards.c. You can also add it to
auto detection there as a saa7130 device and also add the card in
saa7134.h, but you seem to have this all already.

Cheers,
Hermann