[linux-dvb] help with dvico usb remote on gentoo

allan k sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 21 18:15:28 CEST 2008

Hi All

While I'm waiting for help with the dvico dual express. I have been
trying to get the dvico usb remote working on gentoo.

I've followed the couple of how-tos for gentoo and lirc and come up with
the same problem every time.

I get stuck where it asks to load the module......

After running emerge lirc, I find there is no lirc_dvico module, as all
the instructions mention. as such I don't end up with an lirc device in
my /dev/ directory.

I tried issuing the config-kernel --allow-writeable=yes but my system
has no such command and I can't find which package it belongs to.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple, so any advice will be
appreciated.

cheers

Allan