[linux-dvb] Hauppauge HVR1400 DVB-T support / XC3028L

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at infradead.org
Tue Apr 22 17:22:01 CEST 2008

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:44:49 -0700
Brandon Philips <brandon at ifup.org> wrote:

> On 23:26 Mon 21 Apr 2008, Steven Toth wrote:
> >  I've passed some patches to Mauro that add support for the Hauppauge
> >  HVR1400 Expresscard in DVB-T mode. (cx23885 bridge, dib7000p
> >  demodulator and the xceive xc3028L silicon tuner)
> >
> >  If you're interested in testing then wait for the patches to appear
> >  in the http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb tree.
> >
> >  You'll need to download firmware from
> >  http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr1400
> >
> >  Post any questions or issues here.
>
> Could you post the patches to the lists for review?  CC'ing both
> linux-dvb at linuxtv.org and video4linux-list at redhat.com is appropriate.
>
> It is really difficult staying on top of V4L with private trees and
> private mails going around  :(

The better way for you to track about committed patches is what's described on
item 5: "Knowing about newer patches committed at master hg repository", of
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/raw-file/tip/README.patches.

Basically, if you subscribe to linuxtv-commits ML[1], you'll receive an email for
every newly committed changeset.

This tracks all patches added to the staging tree. If you want to review a
changeset, you may just reply to the mailbomb email.

I think it is better to have a separate list for this, to avoid increasing the
traffic at the main lists, since we have a large number of commits, especially
during the merge window. For example, it is expected a 50 patch series with
improvements to pvrusb2. Just flooding those emails to the main lists seems
overkill to most users. Better to keep this in track on a separate ML.

This is just my 2 cents. I'm open to discuss improvements on this process.