[linux-dvb] RE : Terratec Cinergy T USB XE Rev 2, any update ?

Thierry Lelegard thierry.lelegard at tv-numeric.com
Wed Apr 23 09:49:32 CEST 2008

>> Main problem is that there is no tuner driver for Freescale MC44S803
>> silicon tuner. Looks like there is code for MC44S803 on the net
>> available (for example Terratec driver). Porting it to Linux should not
>> be too big task.
>
>The Terratec driver *is* a linux driver, just for an older kernel version.
>I just did a very quick and dirty forward port of the driver (by replacing
>the included dvb-core and dvb-usb files with the ones of the current dvb
>hg tree) and the result compiled OK on 2.6.24. Even better, it even works :)

Which "Terratec driver" are you refering to ?

Is this a Terratec-provided driver ?

As I mentioned in my original post, the one at
ftp://ftp.terratec.net/Receiver/Cinergy_T_USB_XE/Update/Cinergy_T_USB_XE_MKII_Drv_Linux.zip
does not compile _at_all_ and this is not (or not only) a matter of kernel
version. There are many semantic errors that no C compiler would accept
(except maybe the K&R from the 70's). I started to fix the errors but when
I realized how bad it was, my trust in this code dropped and I gave up.

-Thierry