[linux-dvb] dvbscan won't tune any channel while kaffeine does

Richard Lemieux rlemieu at cooptel.qc.ca
Fri Aug 1 14:29:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am not a developper so please forgive me for asking this question on this
list.

I just got a TBS8920 dvb-s2 PCI card that is based on the cx24116 chip.
The card came with a v4l driver that I compiled and installed.  The
kernel modules load and the card is recognized.

I have installe Kaffeine and the Kaffeine scan will find stations and
I can watch those stations.

I also compiled and installed dvb-apps-73b910014d07.tar.bz2 from which I
get 'dvbscan'

The problem is that 'dvbscan' won't find any channel. I used the command
'dvbscan /opt/dvb-apps-73b910014d07/util/scan/dvb-s/Galaxy3C-95w'
since I live in North-America and the dish points on that satellite.

Would anyone have a clue?  Why dvbscan does not find any station
while kaffeine does?

Thank's very much.