[linux-dvb] Which DVB-S card to get in Ireland?

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Sun Aug 3 00:22:43 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am in Ireland, and run Linux (Debian etch, kernel 2.6.18, but I can get a
leter kernel if required). I would like to install a DVB-S card and watch
satellite TV. Ideally I'd like DVB-T as well but I can do without it.

There are a number of cards on the market but I would like to know which are
supported in Linux before buying any. I would be very thankful for replies on
whether any of the following cards will work:

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR3000 (PCI, DVB-S+DVB-T)
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR4000 (PCI, DVB-S+DVB-T)
AVerMedia A700 DVB-S Pro (PCI)
Hauppauge! WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2 (PCI)
Hauppauge! WinTV-NOVA-S-USB2 (USB)
TerraTec Cinergy S DVB-S (USB)
TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCI HD, DVB-S/S2 (PCI)

Also, is there a way to receive channels encrypted with Viaccess? I am ready
to pay for the access of course. I would prefer not to buy the expensive CAM
but if the CAM is required I can consider it.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik