[linux-dvb] [Fwd: Help with recent DVB/QAM problem please.]

Mark Paulus mark.paulus at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Aug 11 21:43:46 CEST 2008

Michael Krufky wrote:
> 2008/8/11 Mark Paulus <mark.paulus at verizonbusiness.com>:
>> Redirecting to linux-dvb on suggestion from
>> Video4Linux user.

As far as I know, no variables have changed.  The only thing that might
have been of note is that there seemed to have been a wierd
Power Blip, and my linux machine was off when I was not expecting it.
After turning it on, I noticed the problem.  However, it seems wierd
to me that a power blip would blow both QAM cards, and yet leave the
ATSC and the PVR-150 alone.  (I also have a PVR-150 attached to a
Motorola DCT-2524 in that machine).

My biggest problem I have right now is determining if there is even
any clear QAM available.  I did a dtvscan -q from both cards,
and neither card is able to lock anything.  Before last week, I was
able to get locks on many multiplexes, even those populated
completely with encrypted PIDs.  (I would do an azap in one window
to lock a multiplex, then I could do a dvbstream in another window,
and run tsreader on my winxp box to actually look at a stream.
Encrypted streams would show up as read w/nothing to look at.
Clear streams could be clicked, and would play in VLC, so I could
see what it is.)

I will run another dtvscan to make sure things aren't there, but is
there any other means of determining the state of things QAM?
Somehow my Motorola DCT-2524 seems to still see channels and
work fine, so if Comcast did change something, then they did
it so that it doesn't affect their STBs.

I suppose my next test when I have some time is to change the
ATSC feed from my air2PC card to my Avermedia A180 to see if
the card itself can still see the ATSC signals, and make sure
the tuner didn't get blown.

Guess I'll also have to swap cables around on my 8 channel amp
(An Electroline FT08100 8 channel active splitter/amp).