[linux-dvb] Digital tuning failing on Pinnacle 800i with dmesg output

James Lucas orbus42 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 05:39:32 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:40 PM, James Lucas <orbus42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, update.  Installed in the windows machine, and got the drivers
> installed successfully, but the player software that comes with the card
> requires windows xp, and the newest version of windows I have is 2000.  I
> know analog capture is pretty well supported in windows by things like
> virtualdub and media player classic, but do you know of any apps I can use
> to test the HD functionality?
>
> While I had the card out, got the following from visual inspection:
>
> Printed on the PCB:
> pctv 800i rev 1.1
>
> There were two large visible chips on the card:
> Samsung C649 S5H1409X01-T0  N079X
>
> Conexant Broadcast Decoder  CX23883-39  72013496  0729 Korea
>
> I imagine the tuner chip is hidden under the metal box (shielding?).
>
> James

Another update - I spoke too soon.  One of the windows drivers is refusing
to load properly.  I don't know if the signifies a bad card or just that the
driver doesn't work on anything less than xp.  I don't have any way to test
at the moment.  I'm happy to try anything you want in the way of diagnosis
under linux though.

James