[linux-dvb] timeout on dvb_ca_en50221_wait_if_status (was: "Possible SMP problems with budget_av/saa7134")

Matthias Dahl mldvb at mortal-soul.de
Thu Aug 14 19:32:07 CEST 2008

Hello all.

I've done some more debugging with both the dvb modules and vdr in debug mode.
So far my only clue is that sometime during normal operation, the link gets
reinitialised (dvb_ca_en50221_link_init) which finally fails with a timeout
from dvb_ca_en50221_wait_if_status. After that, everything is dead until I
restart vdr.

I have attached the debug output. I hope that at least now someone can please
point me into the right direction or maybe even has a idea what the problem
might be and how one could fix it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Matthias Dahl

PS. Sorry for posting this both on the vdr and dvb list but I am still not
    sure if this a dvb or vdr problem. (btw, attachment is trimmed here
    because of the 60kb limit but everything important should still be in
    there)