[linux-dvb] activy dvb-t ALPS tdhd1-204A support?

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Sat Aug 16 05:54:18 CEST 2008

webmaster lunastick wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 12:35 AM, webmaster lunastick
> <lunastick at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> There should be more chips inside, maybe on the other side of the pcb.
> >> Which chips are outside of the tin box?
> >> Could you provide a hires picture of the board?
> >>
> > I should desolder the tuner to see chips on the other side of the pcb
> > and I don,t
> > want take the risk of breaking my tuner. However, I searched trough the
> > original windows .inf files and found this comment in a file that installs
> > right tuner settings
> >
> >  8: Siemens Alps-T TDHD1
> >   ;    DVB-T Tuner with
> >   ;    TDA10046 COFDM Demodulator
> >
> > So it seems that now we know the demodulator.
> > Do we still need to know what tuner is in use?
> >
> TDM1316 is a good guess but it could be any other pll too... :(
>  Do you think that I could be possible
> to test the card with TDA1004x driver and see if it works?

Ok, I created a patch based on the information in the TDHD1 datasheet.

Unfortunately the information is far from complete, so I am not sure
whether we can produce a working driver without further information.

Please try the attached patch.

Note that the tda10046 requires external firmware which can be downloaded
and extracted using
  <kerneldir>/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware tda10046

CU
Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin 0.4.0: http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/