[linux-dvb] how to prevent scan utility from scaning other transponders?

Ali H.M. Hoseini alihmh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 10:42:53 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Brice DUBOST <braice at braice.net> wrote:

> Ali H.M. Hoseini a écrit :
> > Hi all,
> >
> > When I use scan utility to scan a transponder, in some freq. scan
> > continues to scan other transponders (I think find them in NIT tables),
> > and that mean I should wait 2-3 minutes for scan to complete it's work,
> > and list all the transponders it found.
> >
> > how should I prevent scan utility from scaning other transponders? And
> > force it to scan just the transponder I want?
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> > Ali.
> >

> Hello
>
> Lock on the transponder
>
> and use scan -c
>
> Regards

Hi ,

Thanks Brice,  But I'm trying to find a way to do this just with scan.
Because if I want to tune to freq. with szap, first I should create an
channels.conf file. This is the hen and egg problem, because I should first
scan that freq. to create channels.conf.

Does anybody knows a solution for this?

Regard.