[linux-dvb] Possible SMP problems with budget_av/saa7134

Matthias Dahl mldvb at mortal-soul.de
Mon Aug 18 22:26:19 CEST 2008

Hello Oliver.

On Saturday 16 August 2008 06:31:21 Oliver Endriss wrote:

> Please test the attached patch

So far everything is looking very good- haven't had a single failure in almost
2 days now. So all my work on the en50221 implementation was pretty much
wasted, at least I understand now how things work. :-) Tomorrow I'll start
testing with vdr no longer bound to one cpu core and see how this goes.

By the way, I hope you don't mind but I've extended your patch a bit to close
the few remaining locking holes which could cause a race condition. You find
it attached to this mail. Basically I've expanded the locking for the reset
function and added locking for the remaining relevant functions. It's still
untested because my system is currently busy but I'll have it properly tested
tomorrow. Just wanted to already get some feedback on it.

Thanks for taking the time by the way, it's really appreciated!

So long,
matthias.