[linux-dvb] [Debian] scan with "WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!" output

fred asper reversemirror at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 16:45:52 CEST 2008

Hello All,

I bought a Pinnacle PCTV nanostick (73e) and I have this problem:

when I scan my frequencies with 'scan' command (scan -a 0 freq.txt), my
output is like bottom:

>>> tune to:
(tuning failed)
and this output is equal for all frequencies of my file.

The Pinnacle works correctly because I can capture streaming of channels
with 'dvbstream' command (with the option '-tm 8', I live in Italy).

Debian 64bit, this kernel has support for this Pinnacle embedded
[With 3 different kernel I have same error]

Someone can help me?

Thank you.