[linux-dvb] dib0700 and analog broadcasting

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Aug 21 18:39:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:52 AM, gothic nafik <nafik at nafik.cz> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have problems with my tv tuner. It is hybrid (analog receiver, digital
> receiver, radio fm reciver) tv tuner with chipset dib7700. I had to hack
> dib0700 module and update a line with my product id and vendor id
> (because my hardware was not there). It is tv tuner in notebook Asus
> M51SN.

[snip]

> Digital tv is maybe working, I do not know, becasue in my region is not
> digital broadcasting yet. But I want to watch analog tv or listen to
> radio. And I am not sure, but I need device /dev/video or /dev/video0
> (/dev/radio is not created too) for watching analog broadcasting (module
> dib0700 did not create any /dev/video, just /dev/dvb/*)? Am I right?

The driver currently does not support analog video.

I am working on adding analog video support to the dvb-usb framework,
but it is far from ready, and lowest on my priority list.  The good
news is that I made some very nice progress last month, but I wouldn't
expect any kind of release for months.

Side note:  I said something very similar to the above last year.  I
made a lot of good rpogress recently, but I wont have time to get back
to it until a few weeks from now.

You should consider your device a digital-only tv stick for now, under Linux.

Regards,

Mike