[linux-dvb] Possible SMP problems with budget_av/saa7134

Matthias Dahl mldvb at mortal-soul.de
Fri Aug 22 09:30:38 CEST 2008

Hello Peter.

On Friday 22 August 2008 08:56:53 Peter D. wrote:

> That machine now has a vanilla 2.6.26.3 kernel and the
> "nosmp" flag.  It has been up for two hours now.  If you
> don't solve this in the next month, I'll post a follow-up.  ;-)

I am sorry to disappoint you but I guess we are talking about different
problems here. This thread is mainly about problems with concurrent access to
a ci/cam attached to a budget card. And since you are using dvb-t which afaik
is always fta, you are experiencing a totally different problem. Besides my
machine never locked up, the cam just stopped decrypting. Otherwise it would
really have been quite strange to explain. :-)

Have you run some tests on the machine like a memtest and/or processor test?
Faulty memory can causes all sorts of strange problems. If you still suspect
the dvb subsystem, compile a kernel without it, test and stress it. If it
works reliably for a longer period of time, you've possibly narrowed the list
of suspects down. But I bet it's more like a hardware problem... sorry.

So long,
matthias.