[linux-dvb] dib0700 and analog broadcasting

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Aug 22 20:04:30 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 18:45 +0100, Nicolas Will wrote:

> What is interesting, is that at each self-reboot, that are warm
> reboots,
> the card is in cold state and needs a firmware. So can I conclude that
> it never got loaded? Or that the self reboot is a cold reboot?

hmmm...

OK.

It works now.

A lot of noise about not much, and that makes me wonder how much of an
idiot I am...

I did a

sudo find /lib/firmware/2.6.24-1* -name "dvb-usb-dib07*.fw" -exec rm {}
\;

It did remove all the 1.10 firware files provided by the Ubuntu
packaging.

I made sure that I had the 1.20 fw with the 1.10 name in /lib/firmware,
and all is working.

Apparently the driver/kernel was confused about which file to pick-up.

Nico