[linux-dvb] HVR 4000 recomneded driver and firmware for VDR 1.7.0

Ales Jurik ajurik at quick.cz
Mon Aug 25 21:56:52 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 of August 2008, Goga777 wrote:
> Yesterday Igor updated his repo, please update it and try again.
>
> here you can read more about firmware for hvr4000
> http://allrussian.info/thread.php?threadid=98587

I could confirm that this new version of drivers is running better (I have the
same problem as Marek and I use his hint with patched multiproto_plus drivers
to make HV-4000 under linux running) but not for all channels. I couldn't get
lock for some dvb-s2 channels (ANIXE HD, Premiere HD) which is with patched
multiproto_plus possible without problem. Also switching seems to be sometimes
slower.

I've tested it with kernel 2.6.25-2 and with fw for cs24116 version 1.20.79.0
and version 1.23.86.1.

Many thanks to Goga and Igor for their work.

BR,

Ales