[linux-dvb] HVR-1600 - No audio

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 03:24:36 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Andy Walls <awalls at radix.net> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> v4l2-dbg didn't output the data I was expecting.  Here's a more explicit
> command line to try for me, if you could:
>
> # v4l2-apps/util/v4l2-dbg -d /dev/video0 -R type=host,chip=0,min=0x02c40000,max=0x2c409c7
>
> Substitute in the correct device node for /dev/video0 to access the
> cx23418 based card, if you more than 1 type of video capture card in
> your system.
>
> This will let me compare the setup of your CX23418's AV core with mine,
> to help me figure out where things may be failing for your tuner audio.

Hi Andy,

I got a new HVR-1600 with a different hardware revision (the one with
the FM tuner).  Sound works perfectly on the new card.  Hooray.  I
still have the old card for another few days.  If you are feeling
really motivated and want to track down the issue, I can put it into a
test system and run the command you asked for.  If you'd rather chalk
it up to faulty hardware I can certainly understand that.  Let me know
if you want me to do any further testing this week on the
non-functional card.