[linux-dvb] Problems with a Yuan USB stick

Luciano Siqueira lsiqueira at linuxnewmedia.com.br
Tue Aug 26 23:58:49 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

I'm having trouble with a USB device I bought here in Brasil. It's a
hybrid DVB-T USB stick.

Linux recognizes it as:

ID 1164:0918 YUAN High-Tech Development Co., Ltd

As it doesn't have a related module, I just tried to change de ID in the
module header files of the working Yuan device to mine. Then the module
seems to work, but a firmware is still missing and the device doesn't
work at all.

Thanks in advance.

Luciano Siqueira                 | lsiqueira at linuxnewmedia.com.br
Editor                           | Tel.:  +55 (0) 11 4082 1300
Linux New Media do Brasil Ltda.  | Fax :  +55 (0) 11 4082 1302
http://www.linuxnewmedia.com.br/ | http://www.linuxmagazine.com.br/