[linux-dvb] dib0700 new i2c implementation

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 03:15:20 CEST 2008

The attached patch implements the new dib0700 i2c API, which requires
v1.20 of the firmware.  It addresses some classes of i2c problems (in
particular the one I had where i2c reads were being sent onto the bus
as i2c write calls)

I would appreciate it if those with dib0700 based devices would try
out the patch and provide feedback as to whether they have any
problems.  I've done testing with the Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro USB 801e
stick, but I don't have any other dib0700 based devices.

Thanks to Patrick Boettcher for providing the firmware, sample code,
and peer review of the first version of this patch.

Regards,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller