[linux-dvb] dib0700 new i2c implementation

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 16:21:53 CEST 2008

Mmmh... I don't see how having "random" copies around (whatever this means)
of the 1.10 firmware can make the computer reboot. The driver attempts to
load the firmware. If it can it's loaded, if not it fails, nothing more.

Anyway, I'll be somewhat busy this week to test this. But as soon as I find
the time I'll try to i.e. compile a separate kernel that uses both this
patch and the new firmware and then provide testing. At least this way I'll
be sure I'll be able to revert back to my rock-stable configuration by just
choosing the appropiate grub entry at boot.

Otherwise, trying to fix a machine that is constantly rebooting due to a
driver can be a very nasty thing... ;)

Regards,
  Eduard