[linux-dvb] HVR 4000 recomneded driver and firmware for VDR 1.7.0

barry bouwsma free_beer_for_all at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 20:47:25 CEST 2008

--- On Wed, 8/27/08, Hans Werner <HWerner4 at gmx.de> wrote:

> There still seems to be a problem though. All three FTA HD
> channels lock, but only Arte HD plays properly in mplayer.

Which version  of `mplayer'?

You probably know, but it bears repeating:  mplayer is a
moving target, and significant features are added regularly.

Also, some things break from time to time but are usually
quickly fixed.

I tend to build a new mplayer binary once or twice a month,
and keep the old ones around.

> Mplayer crashes after less than a second for Anixe HD and
> Astra HD+ :
>
> Playing testfile_anixe.ts.
> TS file format detected.
> VIDEO H264(pid=1535) AUDIO A52(pid=1539) NO SUBS (yet)!
> PROGRAM N. 132
> FPS seems to be: 25.000000
> Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec
> codec family
> Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)

> Starting playback...
> [h264 @ 0xbc0b40]number of reference frames exceeds max
> (probably corrupt input), discarding one
> [h264 @ 0xbc0b40]number of reference frames exceeds max
> (probably corrupt input), discarding one
> [h264 @ 0xbc0b40]number of reference frames exceeds max
> (probably corrupt input), discarding one
> [h264 @ 0xbc0b40]number of reference frames exceeds max
> (probably corrupt input), discarding one

This looks like what I see when playing IYV-HD video (with
a patch), whereas I see something different with BBC-HD on
mplayer from the start of august:

[h264 @ 0x89e5d50]B picture before any references, skipping
[h264 @ 0x89e5d50]decode_slice_header error
[h264 @ 0x89e5d50]no frame!
Error while decoding frame!
VDec: vo config request - 1440 x 1080 (preferred colorspace: Planar YV12)

This is normal at the start of the file.