[linux-dvb] Re : Signal strenght SNR and BER units

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Thu Aug 28 04:05:21 CEST 2008

manu wrote:
> Le 27.08.2008 20:18:18, mkrufky at gmail.com a écrit :
>> It is different for each demod, depending on who wrote the code. I
>> can
>> list a bunch of drivers that report SNR in dB, but you cannot rely on
>> this because the drivers are not consistent between one another.
>> That
>> is why your searches didn't turn up any answers.
>>    -MiKE
>>

> Hmm could a format be chosen so that it is actually useable?

As I said, I can point out some drivers that are known to report SNR in dB, but I can't tell you the units used in the other drivers.

It would be nice if it was standardized across all of the drivers, but specs aren't freely available for every device out there.

Any SNR code that I have written, or will write in the future, will be reported in dB.

-MiKE