[linux-dvb] HVR2250 / HVR2200 / SAA7164 status

Steven Toth stoth at linuxtv.org
Sat Aug 30 16:39:50 CEST 2008

As you know, I'm writing a driver for the SAA7164 chipset, for the
HVR2200 DVB-T and HVR2250 ATSC/QAM products.

People have been asking for status, here's where I am.

Do I have anything to share with people yet? Not yet.

The basic driver framework is done. Firmware is loading, I can talking
to the silicon through the proprietary PCIe ring buffer interface. I2C
is working, eeprom and tuner/demod access is done.

The HVR2250 is responding to azap commands, the tuners and demods are
locking, snr looks pretty good... it's going to be a popular board for
people.

The HVR2200 (DVB-T Version) should also worked with tzap, it's untested
and I can't comment on SNR at this stage.

I need to add the DMA/buffering code, this is the missing pieces before
a first public release.

When I have anything to share I'll put up a tree and post a 'testers
required' message here.

- Steve