[linux-dvb] Hauppauge Nova-T 500 problem, probably erased eeprom

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Mon Dec 1 12:33:12 CET 2008

Hi Benjamin,

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Benjamin Morgan wrote:
> I've tried doing what was suggested in the thread to force the driver
> to recognise the device as a Nova T 500 however this hasn't worked.
> For reference I edited the following:
>
> linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-ids.h - added the following lines:
> #define USB_PID_HAUPPAUGE_NOVA_T_500_4                  0x10b8
> #define USB_PID_HAUPPAUGE_NOVA_T_500_5                  0x0066
>
> /linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dib0700_devices.c - added the following lines:
>       { USB_DEVICE(USB_VID_HAUPPAUGE, USB_PID_HAUPPAUGE_NOVA_T_500_4) },
>        { USB_DEVICE(USB_VID_HAUPPAUGE, USB_PID_HAUPPAUGE_NOVA_T_500_5) },
>
> and then ran a make, make install and shutdown the computer and
> restarted it however it is still not being recognised.

If you want to do that change USB_VID_HAUPPAUGE to 0x10b8, then it will
work.

But as your eeprom is erased you should better exchange your card at your
dealer: there is another information in the eeprom which is used for the
tuner on that board to achieve a better sensitivity - this is now gone as
well.

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de