[linux-dvb] dib0700 remote control support fixed

petercarm linuxtv at hotair.fastmail.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 21:13:45 CET 2008

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:54:19 -0500, "Devin Heitmueller"
<devin.heitmueller at gmail.com> said:
> Hello Peter,
>
> Of the devices that you have, which are the ones that are failing?
> Both of the dibcom devices?
>
> I am not familiar with how lirc interacts with the dib0700 driver,
> since the driver polls the bulk endpoint every 50ms and injects the
> keys directly.  I will have to look at the driver and see how this
> hooks into lirc.
>
> I suspect that most people are not using lirc at all, since the device
> works without it.  This would explain why you are the only person I
> know of still reporting these problems.
>
> Could you please send my your lirc configuration so I can attempt to
> reproduce the issue locally?  If I can get an environment that
> reproduces the issue, I can almost certainly fix it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Devin
>
> --
> Devin J. Heitmueller
> http://www.devinheitmueller.com
> AIM: devinheitmueller

Just to add a bit more clarity.

The LIRC project provides drivers for otherwise unsupported RC hardware.
 For dvb-usb receivers it just piggybacks off the /dev/input device
file.  No driver from LIRC is used.  The LIRC involvement is purely in
userspace.  This is not a LIRC problem.  The problem arises whether or
not lircd is started.

The problem is suppressed if the disable_rc_polling parameter in dvb_usb
is set to 1 but obviously this disables all RC support.