[linux-dvb] dib0700 remote control support fixed

Robert Watkins robert at watkin5.net
Mon Dec 1 21:17:53 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 17:31 +0000, petercarm wrote:

> First off I'd like to point out that I had considerable success with fw
> 1.20 and the drivers that I tested on mid-November.  At the time, the
> driver had the issues with the repeating remote control messages.  Since
> the update (I think November 16th) I have not been able to get a stable
> build, suffering from the i2c problem.
>
> My test environment consists of 2 different VIA Epia boards (SP8000 and
> CN10000).  I have both a PCI Nova-T 500 2040:9950 and a USB stick
> Nova-TD 2040:5200 which are dibcom devices.  I also have a Hauppauge
> Nova-T PCI (cx88xx) and a Kworld 399U dual tuner USB stick 1b80:e399
> (af9015).

I too have a PCI Nova-T 500 2040:9950 that works well with the 1.20
firmware and a 2.6.24 kernel and the latest drivers from
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb.
For me kernels 2.6.25 & 2.6.27 have problems. See here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/303667.

> The build is a scripted build of gentoo, built as a livecd (which means
> it is very repeatable).  The snapshot of gentoo portage dates from
> 20081028 which gives me a 2.6.25 kernel.  I'm using gentoo-sources so I
> get 2.6.25-gentoo-r7.

Can you confirm that 2.6.24 was the last good kernel for a PCI Nova-T
500 2040:9950?

> In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I am testing remote control
> functionality using lirc.  This is using devinput and allows me to
> abstract the key bindings for different applications.
>
> What else can I tell you?

If you start from cold do you see the same firmware load failure that
I'm seeing?

Regards and Best Wishes,
Robert