[linux-dvb] AverMedia CardBus E501R/E506R remote control

Oldrich Jedlicka oldium.pro at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 4 19:41:46 CET 2008

Hi all,

Had anybody tried to figure out how the remote control interacts with the
card? My old E501R has remote control with chip RT1221 that generates 0.56ms
long pulses with variable length space (1.12ms for "0", 2.24ms for "1"). I
guess E506R has the same chip, but I do not want to open it (that breaks
warranty).

If anybody had success getting those pulses on some GPIO bit, please let me
know. The protocol decoding is rather easy, but I was not able to get the raw
bits.

Regards,
Oldrich.