[linux-dvb] Technisat HD2 cannot szap/scan (possible diseqc problem)

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Fri Dec 5 07:22:51 CET 2008

Pavel Hofman schreef:
> Alex Betis napsal(a):
>
>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Alex Betis <alex.betis at gmail.com
>> <mailto:alex.betis at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Pavel Hofman
>>     <pavel.hofman at insite.cz <mailto:pavel.hofman at insite.cz>> wrote:
>>
>>         pavel at htpc:~/project/satelit2/szap-s2$
>>         <mailto:pavel at htpc:~/project/satelit2/szap-s2$> ./szap-s2 -x
>>         EinsFestival
>>         reading channels from file '/home/pavel/.szap/channels.conf'
>>         zapping to 5 'EinsFestival':
>>         delivery DVB-S, modulation QPSK
>>         sat 0, frequency 12110 MHz H, symbolrate 27500000, coderate auto,
>>
>>     I don't think there is 12110 channel on Astra 19.2, at least not
>>     accirding to lyngsat.
>>
>> My bad, there is such channel... I somehow got to Astra 1G only page
>> instead of all Atras in that position.
>> Try other frequencies anyway.
>>
>> Maybe you have diseqc problems?
>>

> Alex,
>
> Thanks a lot for your help. I tested the card on a different computer
> with Windows and I could scan and view both Astra 19.2E and Astra 23.5E
> free-to-air programs through A and B parts of the dual LNB. I have no
> decoding card yet, nor any adapter.
>
> Since the computer was different, I will test my final computer/setup in
> windows (just have to install them first here :) ). Nevertheless I think
> it will work in windows.
>
> I will get back with result.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pavel.

Alex,

I have the following problem. I'm not able to rotate my rotor with my
HD2 card and any of the drivers (liplianin, v4l-dvb, Manu). I tried
GotoX diseqc commands as well as the goto position used by scan-s2.
As Pavel also has problems with diseqc (switch with A B input) I think
it is not in the scan-s2 an szap-s2 utilities but in the driver.

I changed the subject because I do not know if Pavels problem is only
due to diseqc problems.

I have another card (twinhan vp-1034 mantis) which should be able to
rotate my rotor and I will try it next weekend to see if my rotor is not
broken and I will also have a look into the driver but this will be not
easy beacuse I do not have schematics or any documentation.

Regards,

Michel.