[linux-dvb] Help: /dev/dvb missing with Terratec Cinergy XS Hybrid

Oliver Maurhart oliver.maurhart at gmx.net
Tue Dec 9 19:11:55 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 16:39:54 Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Oliver Maurhart <oliver.maurhart at gmx.net>
wrote:
> > Hi *,
> >
> > After months of googling I'm out of  knowledge. I'm the (lucky?) owner of
> > a Terratec Hybrid XS USB Card:
> >
> > # lsusb | grep TerraTec
> > Bus 001 Device 007: ID 0ccd:005e TerraTec Electronic GmbH
> I figured ones of these days a user of this device would come along.  :-)
>
> This is an em28xx based device we don't have a profile for yet -
> although all the core components are supported -
> em28xx/zarlink/xc3028.
>
> If you want to get this device supported under Linux, I'll put in in
> my queue of em28xx devices to look at.  I think we are just missing
> the GPIOs and the dvb profile.

Never mind! Markus Rechberger pointed me to the drivers at mcentral.de. I
checked out the em28xx-new and ... it worked!!!

Geee! I was running around this issue for months.

Still: kdetv scans all the possible channels on my webcam (!), missing the
fact that my TerraTec Card does now provide a /dev/dvb but as the 2nd V4L-
Device it's on /dev/video1 ... hehehe ... but kaffeine seems quite smarter and
gets around that, showing DVB-TV! Yeah! =)

What a relief!

THX!

kR,
Oliver