[linux-dvb] Nova-S-Plus audio line input

Lawrence Rust lawrence at softsystem.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 11:59:27 CET 2008

On Saturday 20 December 2008 09:32:58 Roland HAMON wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the same pci card, it does not work under kernel 2.6.27 ..
> Do you think I should consider downgrading to 2.624 or something could
> be done to get the card supported under recent kernels ?

The attached diff should work with kernel 2.6.27.  The v4l drivers in this
version are similar to top of tree but are missing I2S support in
cx88-tvaudio.

The patch to cx88_alsa is optional.  It just removes the non-functional tuner
volume controls in preparation for the changes that I'm working on for the
wm8775 audio front end.

NB I'm unable to test this patch since I'm still running kernel 2.6.24 but I
tested that it does compile with the original 2.6.27 unpatched kernel
sources.  I would like to upgrade to Kubuntu 8.10 (with kernel 2.6.27) but it
comes with KDE 4, which I cannot abide, shame.  Thinking of going back to
plain Ubuntu for 8.10 and on but I'll miss many KDE apps - what a quandary.

-- Lawrence Rust