[linux-dvb] HVR-2200 progress

Mark Jenks mjenks1968 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 00:07:53 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Rudy Zijlstra <
rudy at grumpydevil.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Hi Steven,
>
> We (a friend and i) need to replace a PVR-500, and these are apparently
> no longer on the market. Replacement seems to be the HVR-2200. Some
> months ago you stated some progress.
>
> Is this progress yet at the point that analogue testers are usefull for
> you? For us the HVR-2200 would be used in analogue mode only, as on
> cable we do not have FTA digital signals.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Rudy

Your best bet would be the 1600.   The 2200 has been on hold for way too
long.    I was going to get a 2200, and opted for the 1800.   The 1800 has
very poor analog support, and I ended up going to the 1600, and they are
working on it right now and support is getting pretty good on it.

-Mark