[linux-dvb] dvb-t config for Ukraine_Kiev (ua)

BOUWSMA Barry freebeer.bouwsma at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:15:54 CET 2008

Posting an update to the list...

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008, Dmitry Podyachev wrote:

> > I think the following parameters can be used in place of
> > `AUTO' for all the above...
> > FEC 2/3
> > Guard Interval 1/32

> hmm, I have problems when use not auto (fec 2/3, GI 1/32):

Actually, I have found another site; apparently at 634MHz,
the FEC used may be 3/4, while 2/3 is used for all others,
and all have GI 1/32...
www.dvbtonline.com

> > Can you verify this by parsing the NIT info on PID 16
> > (PID 0x10) on all frequencies?  This matches the results
> > from 650MHz below...
> >
> ok, I try, but I see it only at 650MHz...

What you would need to do, is to use something like
`dvbsnoop -s ts -tssubdecode -if [foo] 16'
after using something like `dvbstream' to record from
each frequency, writing to file `-o:[foo]' -- or using
`tzap' to tune each frequency, and `dvbsnoop' on the
tuner output directly.