[linux-dvb] Where to buy Anysee E30C in Europe ("Euroland")?

Antti Palosaari crope at iki.fi
Tue Dec 30 21:29:17 CET 2008

Anders Eriksson wrote:
> Got one in sweden (Elgiganten, 1000 SEK iirc), but the card reader (CA/CI
> thing) turned out to be unsupported. Reading the kernel sources for the driver,
> i found a comment indicating that the CA/CI reader was not (yet) supported.

Anysee have standard ISO 7816 card reader interface + SoftCAM in the
driver. I did not implemented card reader due to lack of time &
interest. It probably needs own driver module for card reader and there
is no very similar module that can be used of base of the mode. However
I did some protocol reverse-engineering and those results can be found from:
http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/anysee_ca_iso7816_protocol.txt
Feel free to implement smart card reader module :)

> Luckily, Elgiganten had a free 30 day return policy, so I returned mine.

This device is rather common in Finland and Sweden. Also found from
Netherlands and Latvia.

regards
Antti