[linux-dvb] Where to buy Anysee E30C in Europe ("Euroland")?

Antti Palosaari crope at iki.fi
Wed Dec 31 00:28:22 CET 2008

Anders Eriksson wrote:

> Hi Antti,
>
> crope at iki.fi said:
>> Anysee have standard ISO 7816 card reader interface + SoftCAM in the  driver.
>> I did not implemented card reader due to lack of time &  interest. It
>> probably needs own driver module for card reader and there  is no very
>> similar module that can be used of base of the mode.
>
> Am I right in understanding that all information required to drive the driver
> is available? No lack of specs? I was thinking that we mught want to forward
> it to the gregkh. He once put up an offer to write drivers for any hw if specs
> were provided.

No, there is no specs available. I did current driver by
reverse-engineering. Reverse-engineering USB-protocol is not usually
very bad task.

>> However  I did some
>> protocol reverse-engineering and those results can be found from: http://
>> www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/anysee_ca_iso7816_protocol.txt Feel free to
>> implement smart card reader module :)
>
> I'm afaraid that's beyond my skill level. :-(
>

>> This device is rather common in Finland and Sweden. Also found from
>> Netherlands and Latvia.
>
> So, there should be some interest in getting it supported. Here in Sweden it's
> the only DVB-C I've seen available on stores.

In Finland all DVB-T/C versions are sold (DVB-S/S2 version also exists,
but not in Finland)
http://hintaseuranta.fi/tuote.aspx/44704
http://hintaseuranta.fi/tuote.aspx/161489
http://hintaseuranta.fi/tuote.aspx/42648