[linux-dvb] out of order packets on the HVR4000

Marshall, Russ rmarshall at tandbergtv.com
Thu Feb 7 22:22:53 CET 2008

I'm having a problem with out of order packets using MPE on the HVR4000.
The timestamp in the packet headers shows they are received in the right
order, however every now and then they will come off the stack out of
order.  Check out the attached packet capture, packet 32 is the first
out of order packet.  The text in the payload will also verify the
packets are coming in out of order.  I have sent this same data over
ethernet and over an external DVB receiver (also using the cx24116) with
no problems with out of order packets, so I believe the issue is
specific to the driver.

I'm running kernel 2.6.23.13 with v4l-dvb changeset 7162 patched with
Darron's v4l-dvb-hg-2008-02-07-sfe.diff patch.

Any ideas?

--
Russ