[linux-dvb] Some tests on Avermedia A700

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 16:34:51 CET 2008


Hi, Matthias
    I've been performing some tests using your patch for this card. 
Right now neither dvbscan nor kaffeine are able to find any channel on 
Astra (the sat. my dish points to).

However, Kaffeine has been giving me some interesting results: with your 
driver "as is" it's getting me a 13-14% signal level and ~52% SNR when 
scanning. Then, thinking that the problem is related to the low signal I 
have I've changed the gain levels used to program the tuner: you were 
using default values of 0 for all (in zl1003x_set_gain_params() 
function, variables "rfg", "ba" and "bg"), and I've changed them top the 
maximum (according to the documentation: rfg=1, ba=bg=3). With that, I'm 
getting a 18% signal level, which is higher but still too low apparently 
to get a lock.

I've stopped here, because I really don't have the necessary background 
to keep tweaking the driver. I just wanted to share it with you, as 
maybe you have some idea on how to continue or what else could be done.

Best regards,
  Eduard

PD: the satelite dish is on the top of the building and it's shared 
(this is a 15-floor building). This is probably the reason I get a 
signal that low. Anyway, I think I still should be able to use the card, 
but maybe I'm wrong and I need to pre-amplify the signal.




More information about the linux-dvb mailing list