[linux-dvb] Freecom DVB-T USB adapter not recognised

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sun Feb 10 16:22:17 CET 2008

I have a Freecom DVB-T USB adapter, listed in lsusb as:

aquarius at tv:~$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 14aa:0161 AVerMedia (again) or C&E

it does not seem to be being recognised by the kernel when I plug it
in. http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices#Freecom_rev_4_DVB-T_USB_2.0_tuner
suggests that the latest revision of this device isn't yet supported,
but doesn't list the above device ID (14aa:0161). It does list
14aa:0160 as unsupported, though; how can I find out whether my device
is the same? Also, what needs to happen for the device to be
supported? Is it just a question of finding an appropriate firmware
file and dropping it in /lib/firmware, or does the driver itself in
the kernel need to be hacked on to make the device work?

sil

--
New Year's Day --
everything is in blossom!