[linux-dvb] Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1600

Andreas linuxdreas at launchnet.com
Tue Feb 12 20:49:15 CET 2008

Am Dienstag, 12. Februar 2008 06:54:28 schrieben Sie:
> Andreas wrote:

> >> Look for the cx18 development trees on linuxtv.org
> >>
> >> - Steve
> >
> > Steve,
> > Thank you, I checked out Hans' cx18 tree and tried to compile the
> > moduiles. On my AMD x86-64 (Kernel 2.6.24.1) I get an error during
> > compilation. Any idea how I can fix that? Going further with make -k
> > compiles the other modules, but then make install fails with an error
> > about stripping the debug info.
>
> No idea, the last time I built it (3-4 weeks ago) it was fine.
>
> Does the master tree (http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb) build cleanly in
> your environment?
>
> (See the wiki for build instructions).
>
> - Steve

I got the cx18 tree to bulid, installed the card and the driver, and now
dvbscan gives:
andreas at hal9004:~> dvbscan us-atsc/Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256
Unable to query frontend status

I get the same message with any of the files in scan/atsc. The card is
connected to my cable tv outlet.

The card shows up in /dev/dvb/adapter0:
andreas at hal9004:~> ls /dev/dvb/adapter0/
demux0  dvr0  frontend0  net0

What am I missing here? Any pointers?

Thanks!

--