[linux-dvb] Trying to solve firmware upload problem with MSI TV at nywhere A/D v1.1 card

Russell Kliese russell at kliese.wattle.id.au
Wed Feb 13 15:25:27 CET 2008

I'm interested in trying to get the MSI TV at nywhere A/D v1.1 card
working. There is a problem with firmware uploads to the TDA10046A chip
being unreliable. I wonder if someone could give an overview on how the
firmware upload process works from the point of view of the driver and
what I settings I should be looking at to try and solve the problem
being experienced with this card?

I previously posted some details of what's happening with this card that
are available form

I've cloned the mercural v4l-dvb repository and have begun setting up a
new card entry for this card and am looking for ideas of what I could
try to fix this unreliable firmware upload problem. Perhaps some GPIO
ports need to be initialized before uploading firmware?

Russell Kliese