[linux-dvb] Some tests on Avermedia A700

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:03:04 CET 2008

(remove previous for clarity...)

Oops :D. Could you please elaborate a bit on this? I don't know what is
>> the LNB connector you are referring to. Plus, I don't have right now any
>> voltimeter, but if needed I'll grab one from work tomorrow.
>>

> So, as I started playing with my A700 card, I discovered that the
> input-connector on the card, where one attaches the coax-cable to the
> lnb/dish, sent out wrong voltage.
>
> 13V / 18V was swapped. So I patched mt312 driver and added the setting
> voltage_inverted to reverse it.
> Instead of just guessing what happens it is interesting to just call the
> dvb-apps example app set_voltage and measure what voltage the hw outputs.
>
> Regards
> Matthias

OK, I don't know exactly what you mean, but I'll try to measure the
output voltage of the input connector. I think you mean this, don't you?

BTW, ¿where is the set_voltage app? I have media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-apps
package installed and there is nothing with that name...

Regards,
  Eduard