[linux-dvb] Help with Skystar HD2 (Twinhan VP-1041/Azurewave AD SP400 rebadge)

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 07:34:02 CET 2008

Simeon Simeonov wrote:
> Hi Gernot,
>
> I can confirm that I have similar experience to yours.
> By the way do you know if one can control from the soft side (register or some other means)
> the max current output for the card. I am having a problem when trying to tune with a rotor.
> On the Linux side the current seems to be capped at 300 mA as on the XP I see it goes to
> about 440 mA. I was still surprised that this card can supply less current than the 102g but
> we take what we get ...

The card has an auxiliary power supply i/p, which should be connected,
if you are using a larger load.
With a higher load and if you draw power from the PCI bus, it could be
bad, as there are some
limitations to the current drawn from a PCI slot. Also, you can set the
SEC chip for a different current
limitation.

Regards,
Manu