[linux-dvb] Is there a daemon style program for scheduled DVB recording?

Tim Hewett tghewett1 at onetel.com
Sat Feb 23 15:45:51 CET 2008

I just use dvbstream, scheduled using cron. To work with that I wrote
a utility to work out which is the next schedule in the crontab and
set the hardware alarm clock time to have the computer boot a few
minutes in advance of the recording time, run it just before shutting
down (it shuts it down for you) and the PC then wakes at the right
time. I also modified dvbstream to allow the DVB device name to be
used instead of its adaptor number, to cater for the devices changing
numbers between bootups. Some initial changes were made to dvbstream
to specify a programme name to be monitored in the now/next programme
info, to try to cater for early programme starts or overruns, but I
can't say that it is reliable as it hasn't been used much.

These are all private changes but I'm happy to share the source code
if of interest.

Tim.