[linux-dvb] help: is ASUS U3000 Mini supported?

Theng Kiat Ng treblid at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:07:20 CET 2008

Hi all,

Is the above USB tuner (ASUS U3000 Mini) supported under linux? My old
tuners are broken and i need new tuners.

The Wiki says it is supported, but very bare on the details. (e.g. which
kernel module, USB_DIB0700? Where's the firmware? Supported since kernel
version what?)

I've been searching the Internet for hours but can't find anything
definitive.. Tried to download the driver from ASUS support page but no idea
how to install it on my Mandriva64 system.

If this works, does it work well under MythTV? Also can I run 2 tuners on
the same computer?

Would appreciate if somebody (anybody) can offer me some pointers. I'm using
Mandriva 2008.0 (64 bit version) an using stock 2.6.23.16 kernel.
Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Regards