[linux-dvb] AVerTV Hybrid Volar HX A827 - device ID not supported - no driver

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu Feb 28 15:06:49 CET 2008

Fellow dvb'ers,

My friend bought a AVerTV Hybrid Volar HX A827 for is linux pc and hoped
it would work. After he spent a day to get it working he asked my help.

I tried a hole list of things, and went through the code. I tried to get
it working with the a800 driver and added some device ID's but i cant
make it to work. There is no firmware or datasheets for the device.

Can the device be added to the list of not working devices?
Will somebody else be able to make a good driver for the device?

I added a lot of good info in the attachment.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong