[linux-dvb] Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 330e - Installation Guide - v0.1.2j

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Fri Feb 29 18:27:21 CET 2008

Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On 2/29/08, Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl> wrote:
>> Markus Rechberger wrote:
>>> Hi Jelle,

>>> the correct mailinglist for those devices is em28xx at mcentral dot de
>>>
>>> I added some comments below and prefixed them with /////////
>>>
>>> This message contains the following attachment(s):
>>> Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 330e - Installation Guide - v0.1.2j.txt
>>>
>> We will get it working in the next few days, i am already working on a
>> user guide. I will add the comments to the new version, i just thought
>> release as soon as possible, dont want somebody else to spent hours and
>> hours of his day installing your nice driver.
>>
>> Nice, I was working on building tvtime but it gave me errors,
>>

> libasound2-dev and the linux kernel headers or at least a symlink from
> /usr/include/linux -> kernelroot/include/linux is missing.
>
> It would be nice if you can create a howto on mcentral.de! I'm sure it
> might help some people. My guide only explains how to compile it on a
> already set up system (and this can differ with every distribution).
>
> I will release precompiled packages for the eeePC within the next few
> days. I just need to package the binaries for it.
> I added tvtime, gqradio and kaffeine buttons to my eeePC and
> everything works really well.
> I'll focus on ATSC devices next week (after the cebit)
>
> thanks for the howto so far!
>
> Markus

I will work on the docu you on the nice code :-p

Just one thing how to fix the below? Than we can release a first draft.
We need a group that is compatiable with udev and the driver, so that we
can do adduser $USER $GROUP to give premissions to use the devices

# to-do:
# howto add group for created devices so that all users in that group
can use the devices?

oja also i cant get /dev/vdi0 working

Kind regards,

Jelle