[linux-dvb] Wiki and NOVA-T sticks (was Re: WinTV Nova-T-CE driver)

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Mon Jan 7 07:30:30 CET 2008

Darren Salt schreef:
> I demand that Michel Verbraak may or may not have written...
>> Tim Taubert schreef:
>>> is anyone currently working on the WinTV Nova-T-CE driver (2040:7070)?
>>> If not I would try to do it on my own and post my results to the list.
>> Have a look at the following wiki page:
>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick
> Wrong page.
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-CE-Stick
> [snip]

Not wrong page Hauppauge calls the same hardware by a different name. I
have a NOVA-T-Lite stick with usb id 2040:7070 which works with the
explanation on the page Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-Stick and apparantly the
NOVA-T-CE stick works with the same code. The only problem was that the
remote control part for the CE stick was not yet implemented and Tim
just got a patch for this.

I think the different NOVA-T stick pages should direct us to the main
NOVA-T stick page and should only exist if they are really different or
should we copy the same information to different pages just because
Hauppauge calls the same hardware different?