[linux-dvb] WinTV-NOVA-T-500 Status

Paul Elliott omahns.home at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:17:34 CET 2008

Hi Jeffrey,

On 07/01/2008, Jeffrey Borg <jeffrey at borgs.net> wrote:
> Don't worry too much about the kernel version the important thing here
> is to use the latest dvb sources from linuxtv.org

Initially I tried the latest dvb sources on my 2.6.22 Gutsy kernel but
didn't have any luck with it, the latest rc kernel was my last resort.

> The firmware I am using is the current one of dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw

Do you have the md5sum for that file? I'm currently using the one posted here:

http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500
(under test firmware)

md5sum is 5878ebfcba2d8deb90b9120eb89b02da

> I am using 1 nova-t 500 and 2 saa7134 devices with mythtv and its been
> really stable lately. uptime is currently 26 days

I was lucky to get 26 hours! My setup is a Dell Inspiron AMD based
box, a PVR350 and the Nova500. Quite often the card would disconnect
within minutes of boot and several hours at best. I've taken it out
now and I'm now using a Nova-T and the PVR350 without any issues.

--
Paul Elliott (omahn)
Systems Engineer, Option-C Services
omahns.home at gmail.com